Thread: Yoast WP Seo conflicts with style.css. Help!!!

Thanks

Unhappy Yoast WP Seo conflicts with style.css. Help!!!

Hello! I just installed the wp seo plugin by yoast, which I like, yet I'm having a conflict with style.css. After I installed it some extra lines spaces where added and it breaks my website style. My site is:

http://ofertia.net/

Please, have a look at my frontpage slidedeck and the contact form "submit" buttons and you'll see what I mean.
    I appreciate your help guys!!!

Note: In a performance report I got an F at "remove unused css" :
    76.3% of CSS (estimated 37.2kB of 48.7kB) is not used by the current page.

How come?
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 01-29-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Format

Thanks

Measuring how much of a CSS file is used for one page isn't necessarily useful information.

CSS files can be used on more than one page, and in fact for many sites only one (or at least only one main) CSS file is used. Then that has all of the rules for the entire site. It's not surprising that most of it isn't used on a single page, but it is used, overall, on many pages. And it's more efficient than reloading all of the shared rules on every single page.

So, it entirely depends on how it is used on all of the pages it is used in.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Default conflict

I appreciate your reply, but I still do not see how I can fix the conflict between wordpress seo plugin by yoast and the the css in my site.
    More than measuring how much of a CSS file is used in my site, what I need to find out is how to fix the broken buttons and estructure in my pages, after wp seo installation.

Thanks

Unhappy

I could change the plugin but Yoast WP Seo is the most complete I have found so far. I have tried All in one seo before but it's not like this one.
    I think that it's probably just a simple thing I sould change in my code and everything will go fine, so I'm waiting for that special advice from an expert.
    Please, help this girl !