Thread: Bg Carousel Slideshow Help

Thanks

Default Bg Carousel Slideshow Help

1) Script Title: Background Image Carousel

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...bgcarousel.htm

3) Describe problem: I love everything about this slideshow, but I can't seem to get it to quit being automatic. I want the user to be able to just scroll through the images at his own pace, and never have the image switch on its own. I set the displaymode type to 'manual,' which prevents the image from moving forward until the user clicks on it, then it moves forward on its own two pictures and stops, until the user clicks on it again (). I've been experimenting with this for an hour and I can't seem to get it to work (and am getting frustrated). If I take away the pause, cycles, stoponclick and pausemouseover, it doesn't move on its own, but it only displays two of the four images, and the back button doesn't work.

Hopefully I explained this well enough. Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ah seems to be a bug in the script. Try revisiting the script page and downloading the updated .js file, which should fix the issue.
    DD Admin

Thanks

Believe it or not, I found out it was my mistake (lol). I completely forgot about the bgcarousel.js script that was in an external sheet, so I was changing the js on the page, but not the external js. Once I changed that, it worked like a charm.

Thanks, though!!! (Because without your reminder I would still be clueless )