Advanced Search

Thread: textinput values

Thanks

Default textinput values

Hi,
    I have developed textinput where user can enter the mobileno.After user enters the mobileno,popup containing the service provider of the mobileno must be displayed automatically after user enters the mobileno.The service provider must change according to diffrent mobileno.How do i develop this?please help me in this regard.

Thank You
    Madhu

Thanks

This is not possible. Or at least it is not possible using Javascript.

Telephone numbers may usually look different for different companies, but there are laws, at least in the US, that you can keep your same number if you change service providers. This means that there is no way to be certain what company is associated with the phone.

For example, different credit card companies have different numbers and you can tell them apart. But that is not true for phone numbers.

The only way to do this would be to look up the information about the phone. In fact, I'm not sure that's always public information.

You would need a serverside language like PHP and then you would need to connect to a service that looks this up. In fact, I really don't know where you would start.

One easy option would be to find an API that automatically detects this information, but I don't know if that exists.

In short, the best idea is to allow the customer to choose their own provider from a dropdown menu.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum