Thread: Featured Content Slider 2.4 Interment Failure to Load Main Slide Image

Thanks

Default Featured Content Slider 2.4 Interment Failure to Load Main Slide Image

1) Script Title: DD Featured Content Slider V2.4

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tentslider.htm

3) Describe problem: Initializing to a slide not in the thumbnail list.

I'm using the above script on the GaragePals.com site to handle the image swap from thumbnails to main image. All is working fine for me in IE8 and 9, Firefox and Google Chrome. But my client is finding first one page, then later another where only the thumbnails display, no main image, and the thumbnails wonít show up in the main image window when clicked. He says the problem moves from one page to another now and then, and that when a given page acts up, it does so for quite a while before the issue migrates to some other page instead, and clears up on the previous problem page. Thatís pretty strange. He also says when it occurs, it happens both in Firefox 8 and IE8 on the same page.

I canít troubleshoot a problem I can never make show up. Iím wondering if it shows up for others, or just on my clientís machine. Could you take a quick look at
    http://www.garagepals.com/base-cabin...xe-8-foot.html
    and
    http://www.garagepals.com/garage-out...rage-pals.html
    and a few other product pages and let me know if they all work for you, or if you have problems? In either case, whatever you can tell me about the browser, version, operating system and version, and computer might help.

I donít doubt my client. I am sure heís really seeing the strange glitch heís describing to me. I just need to nail down whether itís something amiss in the JavaScript that manages the image swap, and lots of people hit it, or if itís a problem on his particular combo of hardware, software and perhaps even a virus or two.

Have you ever heard of such a strange behavior with the script?

Thanks

As far as I can tell, it's working fine on my Mac: Safari 5 and Firefox 8.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espaŮol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguÍs | catalŗ | un peu de franÁais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I spot the problem now, which occurs when you use the same slider script on multiple pages with different number of contents (as you do). When the user views a slider with say 5 contents and he/she is on the 5th content before switching to a page where the slider only has 3 contents, an error is thrown due to the persistent feature having recorded the last viewed content as the 5th content but the slider in question doesn't have a 5th content to slide to.

Anyhow, try the below modified .js file, which should fix this. Or you can just stick with the original .js file and disable persistent inside the .js file:

Code:
    enablepersist: false, //persist to last content viewed when returning to page?
    DD Admin