Advanced Search

Thread: Image Power Zoomer large image option IE 9 problem

Thanks

Default Image Power Zoomer large image option IE 9 problem

1) Script Title: Image Power Zoomer v1.1

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...owerzoomer.htm

3) Describe problem: The magnifier is not working in IE9 with the large image option when the page first displays. I checked the DD demos and it doesn't work there either (demo 3). If I refesh the page, it works both on my page and the DD demo page.

I can not figure out what it wrong. An earlier post of an example from September is working - http://www.discover-santa-barbara.co...h-camping.html

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,127 Times in 3,093 Posts
    Blog Entries

You mean the "Jalama Beach Camping Map"? Works fine here in IE 9. I looked at the demo page on DD in IE 9 here as well. The story there is odd. First time the 3rd demo didn't work - just as you said. I refreshed and it was fine. Using IE 9's developer tools I cleared the domain cache and refreshed the page. Didn't work again. But after that, no matter how many times I cleared the cache I couldn't get the problem to recur. I tried a few times on the "Jalama Beach Camping Map" as well, it just keeps working, never a problem. It was fine the very first time too.

Things like this do happen sometimes. But if they're not reproducible, there's little chance of solving them.

I would also note that the "Jalama Beach Camping Map" is not well suited for Image Power Zoomer. When you do zoom in, there's a lot that's too blurry. Makes it seem not worth the effort. And it's disorienting because the act of zooming in makes the viewable area too small to mean much, while at the same time disconnecting it visually from the rest of the map. For a map like that (almost any map) it would be better to simply have a link to a larger, and hopefully higher resolution version. Perhaps a PDF version for online viewing, download and/or printing.

I've done that in the past with event maps (provided a link to hi-res PDF) and received compliments for it from visitors to the event. They showed me their copies that they printed out themselves. Better than what was available at the ticket booth.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate