Thread: HTML5/JS plays only audio...

Thanks

Default HTML5/JS plays only audio...

Hi, I worked on this website : http://www.kesslercareers.com/index.html and cannot find out why it does not work in IE while it works in other browsers. The small video does not play while the sound does. As far as I can see it works fine in FF and Chrome. Anybody any idea?

Thanks

Purmar

Thanks

Were you viewing it in IE9? It should work with that but in older versions it needs to have fallback support *to Flash*

I see in the code that you are using an .mp4 video format. Look at the browser support below for the video tag

look at this page: http://videojs.com/

Wait for someone else to clarify if what I said is 100% correct.
    Last edited by mlegg; 11-23-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Thanks

It might be a codec issue. Codecs enable subformats (eg, types of avi or mov) to play and if you're missing the video codec the whole thing will still play and you'll hear the audio but you won't see anything. That's what I'm guessing is happening here.

If it differs by browser, then that may be because the codec is not properly installed for one browser, or the plugin that browser uses to play the video is not compatible with it.

I'm not sure what you can do to fix this (aside from using another format), but I hope that helps. I can't be sure that's the issue, but when you get only audio (or only video) that's very often the problem.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum