Thread: Trouble seeing Slideshow when live

Thanks

Default Trouble seeing Slideshow when live

1) Script Title: Fadeslideshow

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: When I use the slideshow in preview mode it plays perfectly but when I launch it into live mode, I can only see a black screen. The .html file and .js file are in the same folder. Anyone have a solution?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,192 Times in 3,155 Posts
    Blog Entries

It could be many things. But the fact that you're getting a black area where the images should be tends to indicate that the images are missing. That could be because you forgot to upload them, or because you uploaded them to a different location than is specified in the code.

What often happens though is that there's a mismatch between the upper and lower case paths and/or filenames of the image files. Upper and lower case almost always matter on the web, almost never on the local machine. For example my.jpg and my.JPG are seen as the same locally, but on the web they're two different files.

But there could another reason or reasons. If you want more help:

Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Default Thank you John

Thank you, John, for your information. A frustrating few days ended up being a quick resolution after your comment. I'm not sure why I didn't see it before - likely because all of my other images were displaying properly. Everything now runs smoothly.