Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: YouTube playlist embed question

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That is simply an Iframe to a video.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 Times in 3,160 Posts
    Blog Entries

No it's not. It's a YouTube iframe embed. And look at the URL. It's an example of how to display an existing playlist starting at a certain video and displaying the others as thumbnail links, rather than for a single video. At least that's what it's supposed to be. Did you try it out? Remember, these things often have to be live to work properly. Worked for me.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I did not have the recourses with me at the time to test it properly, so I went to the url. By just going to the URL, it appears to be just a fullscreen video, albiet embedded when used with an iframe.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

molendijk's code has been amazingly helpful for solving a problem I had with our player. I'm now wondering if you can help me take it a step further. What happens if I have multiple video players on one page? Is there any way to make Video 1A, Video 1B & Video 1C all play in Player 1, while Video 2A, Video 2B & Video 2C all play in Player 2? (And potentially up to 16 players in one blog.)

I'm a bit desperate for a response, as I need to post the second video player on the weekend, and I'm afraid it doesn't work as it is.
    Thank you kindly!

(And P.S. Afsal's iframe embed videoseries+showinfo trick doesn't work on ipad/iphone.)
    Last edited by genteel; 09-26-2012 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Add P.S.

Thanks

(And P.S. Afsal's iframe embed videoseries+showinfo trick doesn't work on ipad/iphone.)
    Nothing will work on iOS for apple mobile devices. They don't have flash, so youtube and sites like it won't ever work, at all. The exception for youtube (but not other sites) is that iOS has a built-in app that allows you watch the videos; but all it does is uses the URL from the page and loads that video in the other app, without any modification possible from a website.
    Or (since I haven't tried it) are you saying that the youtube app won't load the video using that solution? It's possible, since it's in an iframe. But you should be able to click on it. There would be a work around possible, depending on the details, such as, if nothing else, displaying a link to the video if the browser is iOS. (Possible, just a bit more work.)
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djr33 View Post
    Or (since I haven't tried it) are you saying that the youtube app won't load the video using that solution?
    I'm just saying that the youtube app on iOS won't load the playlist thumbnails along the bottom of the player, which was the whole goal of this post. It only looks like one video, and though it will continue into the rest of the playlist, there is no way to pick or choose which one you want to watch next... unlike molendijk's solution. So I didn't want anyone to be led astry by Afsal's easy fix, because it doesn't quite solve my nor the OP's problem.

Thanks

Right, but that's just inherent on iOS, so there's no point in trying to fix it (and there's no better solution possible). The options/solutions are for basically anything else (and especially computers, with potentially some limitations on other mobile devices too).
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Yes, that's right. I'm not trying to campaign for Apple and Adobe to kiss and make up... I'm really just trying to say that molendijk's solution DOES work on the iPad right there on the page without flicking over to the app. So back to my question (which seems to have been deleted?), is there any way to take molendijk's code and make it work for multiple players on the same page. For example, Player 1 would have Video 1A, Video 1B, & Video 1C in a "playlist" div beneath the iframe and Player 2 would have Video 2A, Video 2B, & Video 2C in a "playlist" beneath it.

Thanks

Your question's still there (just a couple posts back). And sorry, but I don't know the answer to that one. I just know something about how iOS works with flash. Hopefully someone else can answer it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by genteel View Post
    I'm just saying that the youtube app on iOS won't load the playlist thumbnails along the bottom of the player, which was the whole goal of this post. It only looks like one video, and though it will continue into the rest of the playlist, there is no way to pick or choose which one you want to watch next... unlike molendijk's solution. So I didn't want anyone to be led astry by Afsal's easy fix, because it doesn't quite solve my nor the OP's problem.
    That doesn't actually matter, ios6 is out, and there is no longer a built in YouTube app.

On the topic of flash on the iOS, the reason it was omitted from the software, is because Steve Jobs (RIP) saw that flash was dying, and wanted to basically lead apple away from that kind of path.
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie