Thread: "Fast Feed" RSS News Manager - generates valid xml feed

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default "Fast Feed" RSS News Manager - generates valid xml feed

Hi all,

I've been playing around with writing an RSS News Manager and thought you would like to test: http://fast-apps.co.uk/fast_feed/fast_feed.php

username = ffadmin
    passwoord = ffdemo

I wanted to write something that can be used with the RSS Pause Scroller here on DD: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ller/index.htm

"Fast Feed", as I am calling it, support multiple users and is very easy to use so non-techies can add updates too.

Fast Feed automatically generates a compliant RSS v2.0 xml file which can be displayed via DD's RSS Pause Scroller (or similar).

Notice 3 links at the bottom of the Fast Feed page - they lead off to samples, one of which shows an experimental non-compliant feed that contains HTML. I found out by accident some time ago that the RSS Pause Scroller will display a non-compliant feed with HTML in it, so I've left the option here for comparison.

I hope to release this FREE software soon but your feedback is much appreciated during this final testing phase.

I dont think you'll need them, but here are some basic instructions:

Cheers

ps - forgot to say - its been tested in php4/5 and all data is stored in flat files (no database required)
    Last edited by Beverleyh; 10-19-2011 at 04:41 PM. Reason: flat file and php4/5 note added
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org