Advanced Search

Thread: how to move the menu?

Thanks

Default how to move the menu?

i'm using http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/slashdot.htm this menu. I can do this menu in the left. Now, I want to move the menu to the right little. Please helpme!How can I do?

Thanks

There are many ways to skin a cat.
    You could put something like this in the head section of the page:
    Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    #my_menu { margin-left:100px;
    }
    </style>
    that would move the menu 100px to the right

Thanks

<style type="text/css">
    #my_menu { margin-left:100px;
    }
    </style>
    That's indeed a method. All methods are described here: --Link Removed--
    Last edited by djr33; 10-07-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Thanks

Frank, it is completely against our forum rules for your only purpose here to be self promotion. Additionally, the link you are supplying is a general tutorial, not something that specifically answers this question (I realize it generally answers the question, but the same applies for any CSS tutorial about positioning). If you take a genuine interest in the forum, once you have enough posts to have a signature, you can put a link to your website there. But if you continue to put that link in every post you make after you've been warned not to, you will be banned as a spammer-- that's the definition of a spammer.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

I strongly contest that what I'm doing is (unilateral) self-promotion, let alone spamming! I am helping your visitors, and therefore your forum, by pointing them directly to tutorials that do offer clear-cut answers to their problems. In return I only ask that the links to my tutorials -- which are good for my SE ranking, I won't deny that -- remain untouched. That is called a win-win situation. If you cannot make the distinction between self-promotion/spamming and a win-win situation, but in stead are penalizing me, then you will have to do it without my help.

There are plenty forums that do value it, that are happy that there finally is someone (else) that can help with problems concerning multi-level menus, fixed footers, and a few more matters that come up frequently but are not or poorly answered just as often.

It's up to you. Please reply within a week. After that, you won't see me here again.
    Last edited by FrankC; 10-09-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks

Frank, now that you have 5 posts you are allowed to use the PM system. If you wish to continue this discussion please do so by PM so that we do not disrupt AlexHei's discussion.
    What other forums do is irrelevant, and your opinion does not change the rules here. Spam is considered to be a repetition of posts for the purpose of making a lot of people see them, and self promotion is when a main point of the post is to (usually) post a link that others will then know about. At least self promotion is the case here, and you've been told clearly that is not allowed here. We don't allow signatures for new users, and you have not posted any other replies, showing that your purpose here is not to be a part of the general community, but to advertise your site. I understand how it may be beneficial to the posters, but that's still not acceptable for the site. It's your choice.

Alex, please reply if your question has not yet been answered.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

You indeed cannot make the distinction. Bye bye then.

Thanks

thank you for everyone to help me. Now, I have another questions. I want to make a new small menu under the submenu. Have you helped me?

It look like this picture.