Thread: Form Validation - the most popular question of the century!

Thanks

Talking Form Validation - the most popular question of the century!

hey folks, i'm new js.. i have some forms i'd like to apply this too but realized it doesn't work how i planned. The submit button is disabled until the user enters something in the field. Now if ALL the fields are required, then how can i wait to enable the submit button after ALL the required fields are filled out instead of the submit button being enabled after the first field has something entered into it...

Code:
    function enableDisableSend(oFld){
    oFld.form.send.disabled = (oFld.value == "") ? true : false;
    }
    HTML Code:
        <input type="text" name="email" maxlength="50" onKeyUp="enableDisableSend(this)" onBlur="enableDisableSend(this)"/>
        <input type="text" name="temp_password" maxlength="16" onKeyUp="enableDisableSend(this)" onBlur="enableDisableSend(this)"/>
        <input type="radio" name="user_type" value="staff" onKeyUp="enableDisableSend(this)" onBlur="enableDisableSend(this)"/> 
        <input type="radio" name="user_type" value="client"  onKeyUp="enableDisableSend(this)" onBlur="enableDisableSend(this)"/>

<input type="submit" name="send" value="Add User" disabled="disabled"/>
    Last edited by crobinson42; 10-06-2011 at 12:27 AM. Reason: changing status to resolved

Thanks

Please apply these changes:
    Code:
    function enableDisableSend(oFld){
    document.getElementById('send').disabled = (oFld.value == "") ? true : false;
    }

<input type="submit" name="send" id="send" value="Add User" disabled="disabled"/>
    Learn how to code at 02geek

The more you learn, the more you'll realize there's much more to learn
    Ray.ph!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rangana For This Useful Post:

crobinson42 (10-06-2011)