Thread: Menu and banner issue with IE 6 & 7

Thanks

Default Menu and banner issue with IE 6 & 7

Hi all, I have designed a website for my dj company which has a dropdown menu system, and directly under it is a image slider that auto slides different images. It looks and works Fine in Firefox Chrome, Opera, and safari, however in internet explorer 6 & 7 (and possibly other versions as well, I dont know because i havent tried) when you open any of the dropdown menus, they open behind the photo slider, and are only visible for a brief second between photos. Try as i might, i cannot seem to fix this problem Any ideas?

http://cgentertainment.com/

Thanks,
    -JL Griffin
    Last edited by griffinwebnet; 10-07-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Thanks

How do you check if it works in IE ? With the original IE 7 or 8 browser or in compatibility mode?

Sincerely, Lars
    Last edited by djr33; 10-07-2011 at 04:56 AM.

Thanks

Original IE 6 & 7. That is the 2 versions available on computers at my College Campus, it runs fine on IE 8 on my friends laptop and ie 9 on my desktop, but 6 & 7 Have the issue.

Thanks

Please cant anyone help? i havw clients going to my site who are complaining that it doesnt work! If anyone may have a solution please say it! Thanks,

JL Griffin

Thanks

I tried adding position: relative and a high z index to the nav-pan div and that seem to help
    Code:
    div#nav-pan{width: 1000px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; height: 27px; background:url(../images/header.gif); background-repeat: repeat-x; position:relative; z-index:10000;}
    scroll to see the additions.

I don't have ie6 & 7, but use the ietester. It looks like this will work in ie6, but ie7 gives some kind of error. In firefox there is a javascript error related to the "stafflogin" that you may want to fix

6. The Following User Says Thank You to azoomer For This Useful Post:

griffinwebnet (10-07-2011)

Thanks

Default Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by azoomer View Post
    I tried adding position: relative and a high z index to the nav-pan div and that seem to help
    I don't have ie6 & 7, but use the ietester.
    Thank You Thank You! that fixed the issue! and thanx for the tip on ietester. i just installed that. that is a great tool!

Also in regards to the staff login thing... i havent even begun to build the login system for it yet, but thats coming in a few weeks, i think that the issue is because i have a javascript function attached to a blank form button with an href in it. lol. a pile of hackness! :P ill fix it though, best to have it working properly untili i get a system up. lmao!

Thanks for the help,

-JL