Thread: Pause on hover in slideshow script?

Thanks

Default Pause on hover in slideshow script?

1) Script Title: Up-down Image Slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pdownslide.htm

3) Describe problem: I've inherited a website which uses this script. The site owner says that when her site was on the previous server, viewers could put the curser over the picture and the scrolling would stop as long as the curser is on it but it no longer does that.

I've compared the script from a page that I haven't touched with one I have and from what I can see, there is nothing different in either and also nothing which triggers a pause on hover.

I have two questions: *should* this script do that and if so where is the pertinent code in the script? Second, if this script is *not* supposed to do that, is there one which does (or can anyone suggest code which I could add to the script)?

Please bear in mind that I do NOT know how to write scripts! :>) TIA

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wow that's a really old (and outdated) script on DD you're referencing in your link. For a modern day equivalent of the up down slide show, one that supports pausing onMouseover, check out Continuous Reel Slideshow.
    DD Admin

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll check that slide show out. I have NO idea when the site was originally built - I just started working on it last week and am still figuring it all out. it was built in FrontPage, so I have a lot of work ahead of me to clean it up. The slide show is just a start. :>)