Advanced Search

Thread: Mobile Site

Thanks

Default Mobile Site

I have a mobile site that seems to display fine on an iPod, but when I try to view it on my Android phone it starts off really zoomed in, I have to pinch to zoom out to see the site in full.

Has anyone encountered a problem like this with an Android browser?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

you might look at this, as well; seems related.
    We Only Torture the Folks We Don't Like (You're Probably Gonna Be Okay)
    It's a Party in the CIA

Thanks

Might have to do with using pixel value (px) instead of percentages for the container widths and heights on your page.

As traq said, without a like to your site it is really difficult to help you.
    - Mike

Thanks

Its not the phone, its your website. You have to pinch to zoom because of how the content is set up (ie web page text too big or too small)
    Last edited by FrickenTrevor; 09-11-2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FrickenTrevor View Post
    Its not the phone, its your website. You have to pinch to zoom because of how the content is set up (ie web page text too big or too small)
    it's impossible to say without seeing his site's markup. Android browser overrides your site css when in "overview" mode (typically the default, but apparently not in this case for some reason), in order to show the entire contents of a page.

I don't know exactly what triggers "Overview Mode" or "Web Mode" in Android, but I've seen it happen even with static layouts. As I posted above, we need more info before we can offer anything useful.
    We Only Torture the Folks We Don't Like (You're Probably Gonna Be Okay)
    It's a Party in the CIA

Thanks

A test of the mobile site can be found here http://nateweb.ca/mobile/indexn.html css is located here http://www.nateweb.ca/mobile/css/mobileStyle.css.

I find in FireFox mobile, Opera and the Android default browser, it starts off a touch zoomed in, I can zoom out to make it all fit properly, this is only in portrait mode, landscape provides enough with so no zoom is needed.

Thanks

it's really difficult to check, with out the same device you used. I try to see it with mobiizer, but i don't find problem you said.

I don't see problem in your css too. Have you try using another phone, may be there's a private set that make your phone zoom like that.

David Demetrius // davejob