Thread: Automatically resizing a fade-in slide show to fit the browser window

Thanks

Default Automatically resizing a fade-in slide show to fit the browser window

1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.4)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: I am new to web design. This slide show has expecially smooth and pleasing fade transtions under all browsers I have tested. I would like to make the images automatically resize to fit the browser window, but the plug-in seems to require a fixed pixel value for width and height. The behavior I am seeking is demonstrated at www.mauitradewinds.com/Super While the "Supersized" slide show automatically resizes the way I want, the fade transitions of the Ultimate Fade-in slideshow are superior under Safari and IE7. So I am hoping to adapt the automatic resizing behavior of Supersized and apply it to Ultimate Fade-in. Thanks!

Thanks

Someone has published a solution for this, at http: //azoomer.com/Ufis-fit-screen/ However, the solution is not very robust, expecially if the width parameter is set below 90%. If I resize my browser window, the slide show may pause for a long time, or the next image may not be centered. If the browser window is narrow, only a portion of the next image may appear, with the overflow off the screen. But sometimes it works perfectly, with smooth and fluid resizing. I would appreciate it if someone could examine the source code and see if they can make the function more stable and reliable.
    Last edited by dadantes; 10-03-2011 at 05:00 PM.