Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Web Design- for my portfolio

Thanks

I usually do not browse with full screen windows (they're usually tall and narrow) because I usually have a few things open at once. In the case of a narrow window, the right pane moving down looks a little uneven. I had to expand the window to full screen to realize that the design fit together well.

It's worth considering how various users will browse your website. I think that the larger screen sizes have hidden that there still is a lot of variation in what size windows your visitors will have: most will have large monitors, but that doesn't mean they will have maximized windows. And of course don't forget about mobile browsers.

This is just a general note since I know you're trying to make a "perfect" site to attract clients. You could easily lose a client if they have a different configuration than you do and in that configuration it looks a little strange.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

2. The Following User Says Thank You to djr33 For This Useful Post:

mburt (09-28-2011)

Thanks

Hm that's a good point. Maybe the most obvious way to deal with that issue is percentages, but that really won't work when I'm using graphics for background images.

The only real way I could see around this is to find a way to use each corner as a graphic, and have the actual content area expand via percentage. This would probably be a bit more work, but I do really feel like I need the graphical background layout.

As per mobile browsing- I can't really see a huge demand for that yet, where as I'm only just starting (I'm barely on Google lol). In the future though, this will obviously be an area of concern.

Once again, I appreciate your insight!
    - Mike