Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Web Design- for my portfolio

Thanks

Default Free Web Design- for my portfolio

As of august 2011 I have a website (now active) which offers website and graphic design. With ddadmin's approval I'm creating this thread to inform all those interested that I am offering any of the following services for free:

- Evaluation of website
    - Change of style
    - Updated graphics
    - Website restructuring (if you have any current issues)
    - A link from my site (if you wish)
    - Any other website consulting

Why am I offering this for free? Basically I need a to develop a strong backing for my small business. I need to prove to people that I have a quality service which (in the future) I will offer for a very reasonable price. Getting a few clients is exactly what I need- and this only benefits my clients.

If there are any apparent issues with my website (I'm not too concerned with the doctype right now, I have many more things to deal with) then please let me know. In the case that my website doesn't load please just contact me through this forum's messaging system.

Thanks very much!

My website: www.michaelburtdesigns.com
    Last edited by mburt; 09-16-2011 at 02:03 AM.
    - Mike

Thanks

As a very basic comment about your site, I'd recommend adding some sort of indication to the extra tabs that they are links to more content. As is, they could just be decoration. For example, you could add a small arrow or even just a bullet to show they're "something" rather than just colors.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

3. The Following User Says Thank You to djr33 For This Useful Post:

mburt (09-13-2011)

Thanks

Application sent. I would like to suggest a confirmation page saying "message sent. I will try to contact you soon" or something like that.

What content are you looking for in the Brief Message?
    Last edited by james438; 09-14-2011 at 02:29 AM. Reason: grammar fix
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site

Thanks

First of all congratulation for your new business. About your website I want to say yes it is working fine. I like it. Just try to add some more option for the client.

Thanks

Hm james438, there should have been a confirmation page after you applied. I'll have to look into that.

In four days I'll be getting a much more stable server so maybe that will fix some of the bugs.

And thanks Duncan I agree. I'm going to try to figure out as many features as possible (or maybe a better way to display the current features I already provide).\

EDIT: Daniel, I'm trying to work in a plan to create subtle fade in instructions for the top menu links. However I'm not entirely sure if that's what I'm going to do, I'll probably figure it out soon.
    Last edited by mburt; 09-13-2011 at 01:31 PM.
    - Mike

Thanks

Bumping this thread for the first (and last time, no worries) - just in case any other members of DD would happen to require my services.
    - Mike

Thanks

hi i promise to send u a detailed respond to your site, just in a few days.. but the first impression is very positive! thumb up!

Thanks

Thanks!
    - Mike

Thanks

You might want to make the link to your portfolio a little more obvious. I know it's in the news update section but I never would have thought to click on the little arrows.

Other than that it looks good!

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. The website is now updated. After realizing how pointless the hover effect was, I took it off. I think it looks much cleaner now.
    - Mike