Advanced Search

Thread: Integrate Games in my site

Thanks

Default Integrate Games in my site

Hi All,

Can any one tell me how to integrate any games(similar to facebook games like farmville or cafeworld) to my website. How to get the third party games into our site without redirecting them to their page. Is there any tutorials based on that. I have searched for this on internet and i am unable to find it. My site is a social networking site and it is written in PHP.

Thanks

Your question is far too general. Facebook has an API (application programming interface) in which developers design games to work specifically with the Facebook API.

In most cases, these games use the Facebook Canvas, in which it uses FBML (Facebook Markup Language) to integrate all of the social networking features into the game.

Let's take FarmVille for example. FarmVille uses the Facebook friends list to suggest neighbors, grabs the neighbor's name and profile picture using the graph API, and their application is set up on the application canvas page.

To integrate games, you would have to work with other game developers (as well as building an API for them) so that custom games are built for your website. It's not a simple or quick task.
    - Josh

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. But what i am looking is for any third party gaming like zynga.com Are thr any more gaming sites which can provide API for sites. I Dont have any API for myself, what i can do is, i can make use of other gaming API and use that in my site

Thanks

Zynga games are made specifically for Facebook, MySpace, Yahoo, etc. and uses the Facebook/MySpace/Yahoo API. Zynga does not have an open API for developers to use. You will need to make your own application programming interface, contact game developers to create games and then you can have gaming on your social networking site.
    - Josh

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JShor For This Useful Post:

hemi519 (09-13-2011)

Thanks

There are some generic game packages available (always with ads). I installed one for an Invision Power Board forum I had a while ago. I'm guessing you can get something similar without a forum. It will just be embedded flash games that don't interact with your site.

If you need interaction, you will need to interact with the game developers.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

7. The Following User Says Thank You to djr33 For This Useful Post:

hemi519 (09-13-2011)

Thanks

You should be able to find plenty of sources willing to let you host their games. I googled on:

"games integrate your site"

and saw several on the first page.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Brillig For This Useful Post:

hemi519 (09-13-2011)

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions

Thanks

Try this one:

http://games.fupa.com/aw.aspx?A=147

They have an API and you can also just integrate individual games (Gems for example) into your site

Steve
    Last edited by djr33; 09-19-2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: hyperlink removed

Thanks

Flash games should be simple to integrate. Also, the new HTML5 games are easy to implement. They just need a folder to live in, and you can call them using the folder url or a PHP include.