Thanks

Unhappy Smooth Menu with Blog

1) Script Title:
    Smooth Menu with Blog
    2) Script URL (on DD):
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...smoothmenu.htm
    3) Describe problem:
    Hi,
    I want to add the smooth menu to my blog. Nearly everything work... I would like to add the ddsmoothmenu.js hard code to my blog html blog code because we can configure it, change the path for the arrows, reduce the drop down time... but adding the code directly on the blog code give me errors... The first error is because of a "highlight" word in the comments, and when I remove this comment I have the following error:
    XML error message: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.
    Any idea about how to solve this problem please?
    Many thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

There's no reason why you have to "hard code", or move the entire contents of ddsmoothmenu.js directly inline onto your page. To configure the paths to the arrow images, inside the .js file, simply specify absolute URLs to them when in doubt:
    Code:
    arrowimages: {down:['downarrowclass', 'http://mysite.com/images/down.gif', 23], right:['rightarrowclass', 'http://mysite.com/images/right.gif']},
    reduce the drop down time
    That can also be configured easily directly inside the .js file:

Code:
    transition: {overtime:300, outtime:300}, //duration of slide in/ out animation, in milliseconds
    and perhaps:

Code:
    showhidedelay: {showdelay: 100, hidedelay: 200}, //set delay in milliseconds before sub menus appear and disappear, respectively
    DD Admin

Thanks

Thanks for you reply!

Well, I did that test but for some reason it is not working Maybe I'm not doing it well.

Somewhere in the code I have the link to the .js file : <script src='https://sites.google.com/site/addinblogger/how-to-add-in-blogger/ddsmoothmenu.js' type='text/javascript'>

If I put the code you gave me below this link, I don't have my arrows neither the transition time are working. Am I putting that code in the wrong area?

Thanks again for helping

Regards

Thanks

In fact, in the blog you can't store the .js file, this is why I wanted to copy the entire js file into the blog code. But this is where it gives me the error I mentioned in my 1st post.

Thanks

Thanks

Smile

Hi DD Admin,

I finally managed to get the js file into the blog code, the problem was that we must put the code like this:
    <script type='text/javascript'>
    //<![CDATA[
    <--Paste all code here from .js file -->
    //]]>
    </script>
    I was only putting the <script ....> js code </script>

So it is now working. But, the blog uses transparency, I would like to have the menu bar and menu item bar transparent as well, I've inserted an opacity but I now have 3 problems:
    1st: The opacity command makes transparent both menu background and fond, I would like to keep the font not transparent if that is possible.
    2nd: When the menu drops down, it gets behind the posts of the blog that are below, is there a way of keeping it in front of other part of the blog?
    3rd: When I use the opcity command on the menu item, when moving the mouse over top level menu, the sub menu drops down nicely, but as I move the mouse out of the top level menu to move on the sub menu, the sub menu goes back to "hidden" instead of highlighting the sub menu item. If opcity is removed, it's not doing that, just working fine. Any solutions?

Thanking you before hand

Regards

Julo