Advanced Search

Thread: Embedding cyrillic in Flash

Thanks

Post Embedding cyrillic in Flash

Hello there ...

Тo be honest, most likely your cat knows more than me about Flash. And I want to stay that way. It's cool to have a smart cat after all... Don't forget to feed it!

Anyway I have SWF file here which I want to use for my gallery with some cyrillic text in it. But i guess he don't have the right font or whatever and i don't get any actual words from it. So I searched the internet and i saw somewhere that i need to embed the cyrillic font inside the flash in order to work proper. Well i don't have the original FLA, only the SWF, so i was trying to open it with Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5 and use the "Character Embedding..." function to do the job. It seems that things don't go that way. So is there a way to edit the SWF file in order to be able to see the cyrillic text in it ?

Тhanks in advance...

and tell your cat that I said Hello...
    Last edited by FEarBG; 09-10-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks

Default FLA to edit

.FLA is the format of the editing/creating file -- which outputs the compiled .SWF movie.

I don't know of any way to "get into the SWF" to edit it.

I like your CAT humor.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to auntnini For This Useful Post:

FEarBG (09-10-2011)

Thanks

I managed to get in touch with the creator of Flash, and now I have the source : http://manos.malihu.gr/tuts/FluidGri...ery_Source.zip

Can anyone do "the embedding" procedure for me ? Or maybe ask your cat ? You never know...

Anyway, this will save me much trouble and I will be very grateful. Not like anyone really cares..

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Do you have a dog? Because they are really caring creatures and never leave someone in trouble... like me. Just saying...