Thread: Upload Script in Credit Card Processing.

Thanks

Smile Upload Script in Credit Card Processing.

Hi peops, hope someone can potentially help with this one - might be tricky!

Im looking to add a credit card processing system to my site, where people can pay for a service. The service will be analyzing documents which they upload in the process of filling out credit card information.

What Im looking to do is to implement a upload script into a credit card processing form, so it's like they are there together. Ideally the document is uploaded to me via email and the card details are processed all at the same time, when they click the submit button. Then there's a confirmation page that will say upload and payment confirmed.

Im looking to use worldpay as a service as it seems as though paypal take a % on each transfer, which I don't like. Worldpay say this can be done, but a coder would need to do it seperate from them.

Just wondering if this is possible, is it relatively straight forward as it sounds complicated, and how to go about trying to figure it out!

Any help would be good.
    I'll try and find sites that do the same thing as that might be useful.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks

This will be very complicated, and it's a very bad idea to attempt this if you aren't experienced with this type of thing. Any flaws in a system dealing with credit cards are potentially major problems. I'd recommend not integrating them but, for example, giving access to a page after the upload is complete, or allowing anyone to upload and pay after the file is on the server.
    An experienced programmer could do this, but it of course will depend greatly on what system you're trying to integrate with, among other things.

For an experienced programmer, especially someone who is already familiar with the code of the payment system, this would not be especially difficult. So if you can hire someone (you'll be making money from this, so it can be seen as an investment) that's a good option.

You might get lucky in editing this if you can integrate with the system while not changing any of the system's behavior-- just adding extra on top of what is there. If you can manage that without modifying the credit card processing at all, that's a reasonable approach. But doing so (and being sure you're not modifying the credit card processing) requires some experience with this type of thing.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Hi, thanks a lot for your reply.

So what do you think is the best way to go?
    It's looking likely Im going to use Worldpay. I totally understand that it's not a good idea to tweak with their coding - so I think I will just add the upload script underneath it, or on a seperate page or something - so it isn't integrated. They do the credit card processing then do the upload. Do you know any good upload scripts at all? Ideally I would want it to have a progress bar and would need to say when it's uploaded, that it was successful. Be great also if the document they are uploading is sent to my email, or that im informed via email once it's been sent.

Thanks again man!

Thanks

or even take the user to the worldpay account info once the file has successfully been uploaded.

Thanks

There are lots of options for uploading. It depends on what you have available on your server. You'll need a serverside language like PHP, ASP, JSP, CGI, etc. Unfortunately the standard HTTP form uploads don't work in a way that will allow a progress bar or anything really except just waiting for the upload to finish. If you're only allowing documents, this is not important-- at the very worst it might take one minute to upload a large text document on a slow connection. Most of the time it will take a few seconds.
    If you do require a progress bar, you will need to make a more complicated configuration. This usually involves Flash or another plugin. It may be possible to make something work using Ajax (Javascript dynamically checking the server) but it won't be as accurate.
    You can search for "upload progress bar" and you'll find enough information.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum