Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mega Menu questions

Thanks

Default Mega Menu questions

1) Script Title: DD Mega Menu

2) Script URL (on DD):
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ddmegamenu.htm

3) Describe problem:

a) The mega menu can be droped down to the left or the right of the anchor with a defined width. Would it be possible to have a droped down mega menu with the width of the main menu, or a defined width centered in the website ? (I hope it is clear )

b) I try to give a color to the text with link in the droped down megamenu... and it does not work

Thanks for your help

Thanks

For the text color in the megamenu I have found, it's under
    .mega a
    in the css file

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Would it be possible to have a droped down mega menu with the width of the main menu
    Hmm I'm not sure I understand. You can easily adjust the width of the drop down menu using CSS, as the markup for the menus is just regular HTML defined on the page...
    DD Admin

Thanks

You can adjust the width of the drop down menu, but it starts from the item in the main menu, direction left or right. The idea was to have always the same container for the drop down men, That container would have the width of all the menu.
    But maybe it's not a good idea

Thanks

I think i have the same problem.

To (try to) solve it, on the ".solidblockmenu li a" part of the css i commented the "float: left;" line, and the menu was centered.

The problem basically is that was lost a lot of configurations like the space between the options of the main menu, the menu height, etc...

is that any way to center the main menu? This option would be good for websites that have few options for the main menu.

Thanks

Default Mega Menu growing pains

Hi,

http://www.bayvillekofc.org/ddMegaMenu/sample3.html

1) I'm trying to center the navigation. I've also checked the css sheets and tried all the "aligns" I could, but I can't get anything to work.

2) Also on the navigation, it works fine in Firefox, but "cuts in half" in IE.

Can someone "view source" this and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Gratefully (again!)

Mike

Thanks
    Blog Entries

With regards to centering the menu, please be specific- do you guys mean centering the main menu bar (always visible on the page) that triggers the mega drop down menus, or the later (visible after mouseover or click)? For the former, firstly, it's important to note that the menu bar itself is just an arbitrary piece of HTML you define and customize yourself to act as the trigger for the drop down menus. This could be a menu bar, a text link, image link etc. With that said then, how to center the menu bar isn't really a DD Mega Menu script question, but one on general HTML/CSS. As someone already mentioned, you can try centering the bar by removing "float:left" from its CSS. Doing that may unravel the look of the menu however, so you may want to instead just start out with a fresh menu bar that doesn't rely on CSS's float property, such as this one.
    DD Admin

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ddadmin For This Useful Post:

Rambaldi (08-15-2011)

Thanks

I was refering to the main menu.

With that said, i will style the menu without the float property.

Thanks for the answer.

Thanks

Default Full Width

I was wondering if you got this to work Rimbaldi? I believe you are trying to do what I would like to do.
    You can view my menu at http://mightycleverbrand.info/about
    The main menu bar includes the links "problems" and "solutions" which activate the mega menu when you mouseover. Right now the mega menu drops down from the right edge of its parent link. However, I would like the mega menu to drop down from the full width of the main menu bar when you mouseover both "problems" and "solutions."
    Attached images show what I would like to do.
    Last edited by sinisterkid; 09-12-2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: attachments

Thanks

It's exactly what I tryed to explain