Advanced Search

Thread: Ultimate Fade-In works locally, but not on production server

Thanks

Default Ultimate Fade-In works locally, but not on production server

1) Ultimate Fade-In slideshow 2.4

2) http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: I've been just loving this script, but today I loaded it up on my website and nothing happens. (just white space where the pictures should be). I thought it might be a reference issue, so I moved all my images to the root directory and changed the references, but no help. I thought it might be because the images were large, so I took all but two out each being under 100kb, no go.

Here's the page in question on the production server: www.sacredapproach.com/trustyourbody.php. Let me know if I should post the code here rather than this link.

I use an include to head.php to handle the calls to scripts and css, otherwise, it's all pretty straight forward.

I used Dreamweaver to upload my files. I'm using iPage as my host.

Like I say, when I test this on my local machine it works just great. What am I missing?

Diana

Thanks
    Thanked 3,132 Times in 3,096 Posts
    Blog Entries

sacredapproach.com/images/gracefeet.jpg

is 404 Not Found. I imagine so are several of the other images. But it's the first one that's essential in initializing the slideshow. In IE, if any image is missing, that might break it. In others, just the first one and one other is required to at least see something.

Now, there is a file:

sacredapproach.com/images/GraceFeet.jpg

Upper and lower case in paths, filenames and extensions almost always matter on the web and almost never matter on the local machine.

So all you probably need to do is to make the on page code here:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">

var mygallery=new fadeSlideShow({
    	wrapperid: "fadeshow1", //ID of blank DIV on page to house Slideshow
    	dimensions: [300, 300], //width/height of gallery in pixels. Should reflect dimensions of largest image
    	imagearray: [
    		["images/gracefeet.jpg"],
    		["images/mudfairy.jpg"],
    		["images/grinchsylvia.jpg"],
    		["images/campkatie.jpg"],
    		["images/biglittle.jpg"],
    		["images/Willa.jpg"],
    		["images/MomMarathon1.jpg"],
    		["images/Kyranybeads.jpg"],
    		["images/kittybelly.jpg"],
    		["images/maymehat.jpg"]
    ],
    	displaymode: {type:'auto', pause:7000, cycles:0, wraparound:false},
    	persist: false, //remember last viewed slide and recall within same session?
    	fadeduration: 2000, //transition duration (milliseconds)
    	descreveal: "ondemand",
    	togglerid: ""
    })
    </script>
    agree with the filenames on the server. You can do that by either renaming the files on the server to the names in the code, or by changing the names in the code to the actual filenames on the server.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Default Thanks

That did it. I feel a bit foolish, but this is a lesson I've really needed to learn. With Dreamweaver and a Mac, I don't have an opportunity to trap the spelling issues, apparently. I appreciate your time very, very much.

Diana