Thread: Plz help- I'm Struck with link

Thanks

Default Plz help- I'm Struck with link

Hi all

i am totally new to flash i downloaded a template. when i try to edit it and i found twitter and other social media images with some animation when i place courser on it. it had a action script like this

Code:
    onClipEvent (load) {
    	num = 1;
    	num1 = 1;
    }
    Now i want to link that images to social media site.. for that i tryed this

Code:
    onClipEvent (load) {
    	num = 1;
    	num1 = 1;
    }
    onClipEvent (mouseUp) {
    getURL("http://twitter.com/", "_blank");
    }
    but unfortunately when ever i load on the page all the links are opening automatically. Please help me..
    what should i do if i want to open links only on mouse click. i even tryed this code also but when i place that code animation of that image is not working.

Code:
    on (release) { 
    getURL("http://www.twitter.com", "_blank"); 
    }
    please help me how to link twitter with out changing image animation?

Thanks

Thanks

Default onClipEvent()

That looks like old ActionScript 1.0 or 2.0. What version of Flash do you have? Where did you get the template? Can the template source help you? What do the variables num = 1; num1 = 1; represent? Can you open Movie Explorer and copy/paste that content into a post so we can see what you are talking about?

The event handler onClipEvent "Triggers actions defined for a specific instance of a movie clip." It was used in MX 2004 Player 7 or earlier and in Flash Lite 2.0. The action (load) is initiated as soon as the movie clip is instantiated and appears in the Timeline.

The onClipEvent for Flash Lite 2.0 for handheld devices (which I have not used) has info here http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as2/refe...c47f-7fb2.html . The link for Flash MX to http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AS2LCR/F...00000587.html* did not seem to work so here is what it said.

ActionScript 2.0 Language Reference / ActionScript language elements / Global Functions
    onClipEvent handler

onClipEvent(movieEvent:Object) {
    // your statements here
    }

Triggers actions defined for a specific instance of a movie clip.

Availability: ActionScript 1.0; Flash Player 5

Parameters

movieEvent: Object - The movieEvent is a trigger called an event . When the event occurs, the statements following it within curly braces ({}) are executed. Any of the following values can be specified for the movieEvent parameter:

* load The action is initiated as soon as the movie clip is instantiated and appears in the Timeline.
    * unload The action is initiated in the first frame after the movie clip is removed from the Timeline. The actions associated with the Unload movie clip event are processed before any actions are attached to the affected frame.
    * enterFrame The action is triggered continually at the frame rate of the movie clip. The actions associated with the enterFrame clip event are processed before any frame actions that are attached to the affected frames.
    * mouseMove The action is initiated every time the mouse is moved. Use the _xmouse and _ymouse properties to determine the current mouse position.
    * mouseDown The action is initiated when the left mouse button is pressed.
    * mouseUpThe action is initiated when the left mouse button is released.
    * keyDown The action is initiated when a key is pressed. Use Key.getCode() to retrieve information about the last key pressed.
    * keyUp The action is initiated when a key is released. Use the Key.getCode() method to retrieve information about the last key pressed.
    * data The action is initiated when data is received in a loadVariables() or loadMovie() action. When specified with a loadVariables() action, the data event occurs only once, when the last variable is loaded. When specified with a loadMovie() action, the data event occurs repeatedly, as each section of data is retrieved.

Example

The following example uses onClipEvent() with the keyDown movie event and is designed to be attached to a movie clip or button. The keyDown movie event is usually used with one or more methods and properties of the Key object. The following script uses Key.getCode() to find out which key the user has pressed; if the pressed key matches the Key.RIGHT property, the playhead is sent to the next frame; if the pressed key matches the Key.LEFT property, the playhead is sent to the previous frame.

onClipEvent (keyDown) {
    if (Key.getCode() == Key.RIGHT) {
    this._parent.nextFrame();
    } else if (Key.getCode() == Key.LEFT) {
    this._parent.prevFrame();
    }
    }

The following example uses onClipEvent() with the load and mouseMove movie events. The _xmouse and _ymouse properties track the position of the mouse each time the mouse moves, which appears in the text field that's created at runtime.

onClipEvent (load) {
    this.createTextField("coords_txt", this.getNextHighestDepth(), 0, 0, 100, 22);
    coords_txt.autoSize = true;
    coords_txt.selectable = false;
    }
    onClipEvent (mouseMove) {
    coords_txt.text = "X:"+_root._xmouse+",Y:"+_root._ymouse;
    }