1) Script Title: RSS Display Boxes

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...displaybox.zip

3) Describe problem: This is actually not a problem, your scripts work perfectly fine, and I must say, it is a great tool, thank you very much for developing and sharing it
Now my issue is that, instead of displaying all the RSS elements, Im trying to display only some of certain category. So, for example, the RSS has the following categories: News and Sports. Im trying to display only the news category in your boxes.
I have located the loop that stores the RSS feeds in the array, it is located in the rssbox/rssdisplaybox.js file. The function that performs the loop is:

Code:
rssdisplaybox.prototype.gatheritems=function(){
var rssdivtags=document.getElementById(this.boxid).getElementsByTagName("div") //find all div tags within RSS display box
this.pieces=[] //define array to hold items
for (var i=0; i<rssdivtags.length; i++){ //loop thru the div tags
if (rssdivtags[i].className=="rsscontainer")
this.pieces[this.pieces.length]=rssdivtags[i] //store each RSS item DIV inside array
}
this.pagecount=Math.ceil(this.pieces.length/this.uchunksize) //calculate number of pages needed to show the items
for (var i=0; i<this.pieces.length; i++)
this.pieces[i].style.display="none" //Hide all items to begin with as we figure out which should be shown per the page selected
this.chunksize=(this.uchunksize>0 && this.uchunksize <this.pieces.length)? this.uchunksize : this.pieces.length //Determine TRUE "chunk size" (# of items to show per page)
this.pagecount=Math.ceil(this.pieces.length/this.chunksize) //calculate number of "pages" needed to show the chunks
this.showpage(-1) //show no pages (aka hide all)
this.currentpage=0 //Having hidden all pages, set currently visible page to 1st page
this.showpage(this.currentpage) //Show first page
if (this.chunksize!=this.pieces.length) //if pagination links are indeed needed
this.buildpagination(this.paginatedivid)
else
document.getElementById(this.paginatedivid).style.display="none" //else, hide pagination div user has erroneously created
document.getElementById(this.boxid).style.visibility="visible"
}
Now, what Iīm trying to do is store in the rssdivtags[] array only the feeds with the "News" category and spare the other categories. The problem is I donīt know how to get the category information on the feeds. I was hoping there would be something like:
Code:
if(rssdivtags[i].getCategory()=="News")
this.pieces[this.pieces.length]=rssdivtags[i]
instead of
Code:
if(rssdivtags[i].className=="rsscontainer")
this.pieces[this.pieces.length]=rssdivtags[i]
I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks in advance.