Thread: IE image problem

Thanks

Default IE image problem

Hi

My problem is: i have to change some pictures on a hotel's website.
    After i resized the original image and made a thumbnail, uploaded the images into the right folder. I changed the old image and refresh the site. In FF and Chrome everything works fine, but in IE8 there is no image.
    What is the problem? I just overwrite the old one.
    Please help me!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

Your website makes 26 HTTP requests for picture files.

It would be nice if you could let us know which image file you are referring to and in which location it appears on your website.

I looked at the site in IE, and the header image (which I naturally assumed you were referring to) is there just like in Chrome and Firefox.

Thank you.

Thanks

Sorry.
    at the http://www.bodrogikuria.hu/hu/index.html rightside js gallery second image.

chertsey, a small town 25 miles south west of london, england.
    Thanks

Hi there valentinszabo,

the image in question has been saved in CMYK format.

Internet Explorer has a problem displaying JPEG images that have CMYK, rather than the default RGB encoding.

The problem can be resolved by opening the .JPG file in an appropriate image editor.
    Either change the mode to RGB and then "Save" or use the "Save for Web" option.

coothead

Thanks

Some background information on the subject. There are various color formats that can be used in images. RGB (red green blue) is the most common for web, media, etc., and it is based on how much of each of those colors is used in each pixel. It's designed for any type of pixel/electronic display. Always use this for the web. In fact, unless you know what you're doing you should never need to use anything else.
    CMYK (cyan magenta yellow blacK) is a format designed for printing since it matches the ink in (some) printers. It's slightly more accurate for printing, but less accurate for RGB monitors. So there's no point in using it unless you need high quality prints, and don't use it aside from printing.

Other options exist too, but they are far less common except for professional purposes. For example LaB is a format used for expert-level precision not available in the other two. But it can't be displayed on a monitor (or printer) anyway, so there's no point in using it unless you really have a good reason.

Another fairly common mode is grayscale, but that's usually obviously different. It also works in the same way as RGB (basically), except that there is one color value/channel instead of 3.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Thanks for sharing this Information.