Content inside Tables
I'm finishing off a website for an assignment and right now the content in the 3 tables keep on pushing down whenever I try to enter some text (this is eloquent in the left and right column!!) I don't know whats going on Any help is appreciated, thank you!!
on what page you mean the error?
if it's in home, it's because your bottom: -910px;
David Demetrius // davejob
I see a few things that may be causing issues:
1. Your left and right divs are position:absolute and your center div is position:relative.
2. The three above-mentioned divs are "loose" as I like to call it, as opposed to being contained within a parent div that would be the same width as your header, subheader, and footer.
3. Again, your text in the center div is "loose". Meaning I see a few </p>, but no <p>, and in some instances, none at all.
Question: you are stating a lot of absolute and relative positioning in your CSS. Is there a must-have reason for this? If they're not consistent throughout it can cause issues.
1. Start by my suggestion #2 above, then remove all the positioning in your CSS to see what happens. You may find that there's a bit of over-kill there that's causing some funky things. It would probably allow you to remove some of those <br>s as well.
2. Run your page through the W3C validator here to see where you are missing any code.
Hope this helps!