Advanced Search

Thread: Expandable Sticky Bar on iPad

Thanks

Default Expandable Sticky Bar on iPad

1) Script Title: Expandable Sticky Bar

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici.../stickybar.htm

3) Describe problem: Expandable Sticky Bar is really a great script. I just noticed lately that it doesn't work with the iPad, iPhone.
    I guess Safari Mobile doesn't support "positon:fixed" to be able to scale.
    Is there any suggestion to rewrite this layout setup to solve the problem?

Thanks.

Thanks

I don't have an answer, but that is surprising. This is the first feature (except related to input, like right click) that is missing in the mobile Safari version. It's said to be an exact copy of the computer version of the browser, but I just confirmed that it works on my computer but not on my iphone.

On the iPhone, the div is positioned correctly (at the bottom of the visible window) then remains in place as the window scrolls, rather than staying at the bottom of the window.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't own an iPad/iPhone either unfortunately, but it's looking like eventually I'll have to get one...
    DD Admin

Thanks

The cheapest option for testing would be to get an ipod touch-- it has the same browser and works on wifi (not 3g, but you won't need that to test sites). You can probably get one that is a little older too, since it will be the same browser.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum