Thanks

Default Speech Bubbles Tooltip - Window size

1) Script Title:
    Speech Bubbles Tooltip

2) Script URL (on DD):
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...lestooltip.htm

3) Describe problem:
    Hi there.

I am using the speechbubbles tooltip to display text that is longer than what perhaps the average title may normally be!

Instead it is being used to display comments pulled from a database.

The script is quite clever and calculates whether there is enough space to view something in the space it has and determines the best place for it to go.

It does not however determine whether there is enough space to display the tooltips above unfortunately.

I've had a little play around with speechbubbles.js to attempt to resolve the issue, but I haven't had much joy!

I reckon the bit of script that tells the browser where to display the speechbubbles.js is here on Line 50.

Code:
    y=(y+speechmeasure.h>windowmeasure.top+windowmeasure.h)? y-speechmeasure.h-anchormeasure.h-10 : y+10 //top align tooltip if no space to the bottom of the anchor

Thanks for taking the time to read this message and hopefully someone will know a fix!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hmm can you elaborate what you mean by "above"? If the script detects there is not enough space below the anchor link to show the tooltip, it will display the tooltip above the anchor instead. It has to be one or the other.
    DD Admin