Thread: jQuery Gooey Menu problems

Thanks

Default jQuery Gooey Menu problems

1) jQuery Gooey Menu

2) http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/gooeymenu.htm

The gooey.js overrides $. I removed the jquery.noConflic(); and seems to work. Is there a reason why its required?

I have problems figuring out how to use gelbuttonmenu to display the gifs on a different background other than white. I tried fixing the gifs but no luck. Is there a style someplace that will fix this? So I am just using solidblockmenu for now.

Also, I added to gooey.css the following (I am just using solidblockmenu for now). This helps with the menu text color when it is hard to see when you hover over menu.

Code:
    ul.solidblockmenu li a:hover{
        color: red;
    }
    Nice script though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

The gooey.js overrides $. I removed the jquery.noConflict(); and seems to work. Is there a reason why its required?
    It's not required unless you're using other JavaScript libraries such as Prototype on the same page, which also makes use of the $ function. In this case, noConflict() is meant to reconcile the two functions so they work simultaneously.

I have problems figuring out how to use gelbuttonmenu to display the gifs on a different background other than white
    Are you using transparent gifs? If so that should work. The images used in the Gooey Menu demos are are transparent gifs as far as their backgrounds.
    DD Admin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddadmin View Post
    It's not required unless you're using other JavaScript libraries such as Prototype on the same page, which also makes use of the $ function. In this case, noConflict() is meant to reconcile the two functions so they work simultaneously.

If I dont remove it '$' does not work for regular jQuery. Suggestion to tell people in docs about it.

Are you using transparent gifs? If so that should work. The images used in the Gooey Menu demos are are transparent gifs as far as their backgrounds.

I used your default gifs. It does not work with my background. Works for other pngs I made.

.img-grd {
    background: #330303 url(bg4.png) repeat-x;
    }
    <body class="img-grd">

Also any suggestions how to make a sub menu appear underneath? Is there some type of mouseover I can use and display another gooey below?

Thanks