Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP --- I need help FAST --- website needed by tommorow

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you are determined to do this, and if my new code works, you should do a browser test:

HTML Code:
    <input type="button" value="Close Window" onclick="if(document.body.filters){top.window.parent.opener=self;top.window.parent.close();}else {top.window.close();}">
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

thanks you have been a big help i will try this later.... thanks

Thanks

do you need my webstie anymore because i want to remove it from this post if i can

Thanks

nope, i tried both of the codes and they both dont work (the code before and the code you just gave me)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Thanks

i think this might make it easier....is there a way to display something in a website but make it disapper when its in an chromless window? because i want the logout button to work for both chromless and fullscreen windows, but i only want that because i dont want visitors to be clicking on close window and it not closing out of the chromless window....

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CMMVideos
    i think this might make it easier....is there a way to display something in a website but make it disapper when its in an chromless window? because i want the logout button to work for both chromless and fullscreen windows, but i only want that because i dont want visitors to be clicking on close window and it not closing out of the chromless window....

If I understand that right, this will do that, place it where you want the button to be:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    if(!document.body.filters)
    document.write('<input type="button" value="Close Window" onclick="top.window.close();">')
    </script>
    IE users will see nothing, other browsers will see the close window button and it will work for them.

A few things you might try as an onclick event for the button on the chromeless window for IE are:

opener.mywin001.close();

and

opener.opener.mywin001.close();

and

opener.opener.opener.mywin001.close();

and

top.window.opener.mywin001.close();

and

top.window.parent.opener.mywin001.close();

and

parent.opener.mywin001.close();

where 'mywin001' is the variable name you assigned (as in the demo) to the chromeless window when you opened it.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 11-22-2005 at 03:20 AM.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

today during school i though about doing the same thing (using mywin001 in the script) but i will try all your sugestions.....thanks a lot!

PS. Do you need they website anymore?

Thanks

so far i tried the code you said about making it appear only in the fullscreen window, but it's not working .... the two script i am working with are from http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/window1.htm and http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/window1.htm

i want the fullscreen one to show the logout button but not the chromless one

Thanks, I'll try the others 2

Thanks

does anyone know that answer?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CMMVideos
    so far i tried the code you said about making it appear only in the fullscreen window, but it's not working .... the two script i am working with are from http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/window1.htm and http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/window1.htm

i want the fullscreen one to show the logout button but not the chromless one

Thanks, I'll try the others 2
    You've lost me, those (see above quoted) are the same two scripts.
    - John