Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightbox image viewer 2.03a

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, that's just wrong unless those files are in the folders indicated. Either view the source code of the demo I made for you or better yet, download the archive of it as I've been saying.

Do you know how to open a .zip archive? What OS are you using? What browser?
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 04-16-2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Do you know how to open a .zip archive . . .
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I using XP,..browser IE9.
    So If I save file on the EditPad lite,..this is mean that is not inaf,..I need put file in some folder ???

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Download my archive:

Attachment 3853

Unzip it into a separate folder. View its google_api.htm in your browser. Look at its google_api.htm file's source code in EditPad Lite. That should clear things up.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Now it is working on this page
    But there is huge code on my HTML,..if I put few more scripts will be block and hapaned me that I loosing some text HTML.Just sistem cut some text on the end HTML.
    I sow that people who using same "Lightbox image viewer 2.03a " have not huge code on the HTML.
    What is diffrent and where is this huge code??
    I am realy very thank you for your time.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I thought you're the one who asked about putting the script on the page. I may have misunderstood that. If you put the lightbox.js script in the the same folder as the page (unlike prototype, scriptaculous, and effects, it cannot be referenced from a third party host like Google), you may reference it externally as:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="lightbox.js"></script>
    instead of as:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    // -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    //
    //	Lightbox v2.03
    //	by Lokesh Dhakar - http://www.huddletogether.com
    //	4/9/06
    //
    //	For more information on this script, visit:
    //	http://huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/
    //
    //	Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/
    //	
    //	Credit also due to those who have helped, inspired, and made their code available to the public.
    //	Including: Scott Upton(uptonic.com), Peter-Paul Koch(quirksmode.org), Thomas Fuchs(mir.aculo.us), and others.
    //
    //	Lightbox v2.03a
    //	by Dynamicdrive.com- http://www.dynamicdrive.com
    //	Nov 29th, 2007
    //	Added ability for the caption ("title" attr of link) to be optionally hyperlinked, by throwing in a "rev" attr containing the desired link
    // -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    /*

Table of Contents
    	-----------------
    	Configuration
    	Global Variables

Extending Built-in O . . .

[MOST OF THE CODE REMOVED FOR BREVITY]

. . . mberMillis)
    // Pauses code execution for specified time. Uses busy code, not good.
    // Help from Ran Bar-On [ran2103@gmail.com]
    //

function pause(ms){
    	var date = new Date();
    	curDate = null;
    	do{var curDate = new Date();}
    	while( curDate - date < ms);
    }
    /*
    function pause(numberMillis) {
    	var curently = new Date().getTime() + sender;
    	while (new Date().getTime();	
    }
    */
    // ---------------------------------------------------

function initLightbox() { myLightbox = new Lightbox(); }
    Event.observe(window, 'load', initLightbox, false);
    </script>
    Also, I notice that the helper images (included in the archive I made for you) are missing from the folder. Without them you will not see the loading image or close image. If using the group option, you will not see the next or previous image 'buttons'.

If you do make the script external, make sure that the configuration part still points to these images (from the lightbox.js script):

Code:

//
    //	Configuration
    //
    var fileLoadingImage = "loading.gif";		
    var fileBottomNavCloseImage = "closelabel.gif";

var animate = true;	// toggles resizing animations
    var resizeSpeed = 7;	// controls the speed of the image resizing animations (1=slowest and 10=fastest)

var borderSize = 10;	//if you adjust the padding in the CSS, you will need to update this variable

And (if using the optional grouped images) here in the styles:

Code:
    #prevLink:hover, #prevLink:visited:hover { background: url(prevlabel.gif) left 15% no-repeat; }
    #nextLink:hover, #nextLink:visited:hover { background: url(nextlabel.gif) right 15% no-repeat; }
    - John

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

rexi (04-17-2011)

Thanks

Thank You John.