Advanced Search

Thread: Macbook pro or HP Probook 4510s?

Thanks

Question Macbook pro or HP Probook 4510s?

Hello,
    I am looking to get a new laptop and i can not decide weather to get a HP probook 4510s or a Macbook pro and then use mac osx and also run windows as a virtual machine or boot camp.
    Wt do you think is best?
    Thanks

Thanks

A Macbook pro is going to be overpriced, but it's a good computer. So if your budget allows for it, it's a good idea. But if you're going to use windows anyway, why would you get a macbook pro? That sounds like a mistake. In fact, a main reason that macs sell is because they are the only way to run OSX. If you could run OSX on another brand, fewer people would buy the macs. (They are good hardware, but overpriced good hardware.)

Note that I'm typing this from a Macbook pro at the moment. And I love it. But I don't love the price tag.

However, there's also the consideration of what you want to do. What are your primary activities on the computer? Programming [pc]? Gaming [pc]? Media [mac]? That can greatly determine which OS is better, as noted by [my opinion!] in the options.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

well the budget may allow for a mac and ye mac would be my main os but i would still run win 7 as at least a virtual pc so that i can use my .exe software and still have the full win functions aswell as osx.

and i do some graphics work and some online stuff and social networking.

Thanks

I prefer macs for graphics. For programming and gaming, you'd want a PC. But for just surfing the internet, either will be fine.

Realize that running windows on a mac as a virtual machine will make your exe applications go much (1/2? 1/3?) slower, though my brief experience with bootcamp was that it ran at native speed. So use bootcamp if you want power at all for the exes.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum