Thread: ddsmoothmenu (1.5) and IE9

Thanks

Default ddsmoothmenu (1.5) and IE9

1) Script Title: ddsmoothmenu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...smoothmenu.htm

3) Describe problem: Everything seems to run fine in Firefox, Chrome, Safari and IE8 or less. The problem occurs with IE9 and the horizontal menu (for some reason the vertical menu works OK). If you hover the mouse over 'Folder 2' the sub-menu opens up. If you then hover the mouse over Folder '2.1' the next sub-menu does not appear. If the cursor is moved away from the menu the original sub menu remains on the screen and does not fade out.
    Not sure where to start looking for the cause of the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Stew

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't see the problem with the DD demo page using IE9. Does the problem occur just on your own page? If so what's the URL?
    DD Admin

Thanks

Strange. Maybe your IE9 settings are different from mine.

It's definitely not working for me on the demo page with IE9 (version: 9.0.8112.16421 to be precise) on Windows Vista. On the address bar there is an icon of a broken page which when clicked puts IE9 into compatibility mode and everything then works fine. But not unless it is in compatibility mode.

Check out the attached screenshot (unfortunately the cursor isn't shown but it was on 'Folder 2.1' in the sub-menu).

Some extra info. The first time the sub-menu appears there is no shadow. When the cursor goes into the sub-menu the shadow appears (but no sub-sub-menu). When the cursor leaves the sub-menu the shadow fades out but the sub-menu remains on the screen!
    Last edited by stewram; 04-05-2011 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Extra info

Thanks

The issue is within IE9 itself, I get the same issue as outlined in your post above (on the demo page). However to overcome this it is simply a CSS tweak that needs to occur. Within the ddsmoothmenu.css find .ddsmoothmenu ul li ul - simply remove the display:none.
    This is no longer required as there is a visibilty:hidden.

Hope this helps, it solved my menu at least

Thanks

Thanks! That has fixed the IE9 issue.

Now to get it working in Konquerer 4.4.5. It appears to be the same problem (although it doesn't work in the vertical menu either) but removing the 'display:none' in the css file doesn't cure it.
    Any ideas?