Thread: Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow and my jQuery

Thanks

Exclamation Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow and my jQuery

I have been using the older version of the slide show, but now that IE9 is out, we have had to upgrade because of an IE9 mouseover bug.

The new version works great, however I found out that none of my own jQuery code works anymore, causing our client's sites to be basically unusable. I've had to restore the older version of the slideshow because of that.

I also upgraded the version of JQuery I was using from 1.3.2 to 1.5.2

The error my jQuery file receives is: "Uncaught TypeError: Property '$' of object [object DOMWindow] is not a function"

I tried changing the $ to 'jQuery' in the lines that received errors, (example: $(".btnShowEvent").click(show_event); to jQuery(".btnShowEvent").click(show_event); ) but even that fails.

I really need help as I have about a dozen client web sites using the old slide show tool...

Thanks

Turns out I had missed one of the $ symbols in my jquery, which was throwing up tons of errors in Chrome's Inspect Element... working now! But have to make sure all jquery references on all my code use 'jQuery' instead of $

Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 Times in 3,178 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's great that you fixed it, but it probably would have been simpler to just comment out (red) the NoConflict line (highlighted) in fadeslideshow.js:

Code:
    /* Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.4)
    * Last updated: May 24th, 2010. This notice must stay intact for usage 
    * Author: Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/
    * Visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for full source code
    */

//Oct 6th, 09' (v2.1): Adds option to randomize display order of images, via new option displaymode.randomize
    //May 24th, 10' (v2.4): Adds new "peakaboo" option to "descreveal" setting. oninit and onslide event handlers added.

var fadeSlideShow_descpanel={
    	controls: [['x.png',7,7], ['restore.png',10,11], ['loading.gif',54,55]], //full URL and dimensions of close, restore, and loading images
    	fontStyle: 'normal 11px Verdana', //font style for text descriptions
    	slidespeed: 200 //speed of description panel animation (in millisec)
    }

//No need to edit beyond here...

//jQuery.noConflict()

function fadeSlideShow(settingarg){
    	this.setting=settin . . .
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate