Thread: Membership site

Thanks

Default Membership site

Hi,
    I need help, I have a website, everypage in html, I would like to make it a paid membership website, maybe paying with paypal.
    Could anyone give an idea of the best method to do this?
    And if any script is needed, where to find it.
    Thanks in advance

Thanks

HTML is just text sent to user. And you can use Javascript (usually what "script" means) but that isn't secure either-- it's just active code, but still text sent to the user.

So what you need for any sort of secure site is a serverside language (not just sent to the user-- it's processed on the server to decide what to send the user). For example, PHP, ASP or CGI.

If you don't know how to do this, you might want to try an existing system, maybe a CMS like Joomla.

Automatically integrating Paypal is not very easy, but you can create a link and manually add a member when they sign up.

I guess the question is how much time you want to spend on this and what will be the easiest method for you. Of course you could also hire someone to design this for you.

There's also the question of what the rest of the site will be. That might change how you should approach it, but we'd need more information.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

HI, Thanks for the reply.
    I want to have my website so people need to pay for the content, like for example, a newspaper.
    I have checked joomla, but as you said it is complicated to add paypal, and to be honest.
    I was wondering if there might be any open source scripts that I may use.

Thanks

Joomla is an open source CMS. That, or something like it, will be one of the easiest solutions. You can look for a paypal plugin for joomla, and since it is so popular you might find something.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum