Thread: Image w/ description tooltip 2.0 popup not displaying images

Thanks

Default Image w/ description tooltip 2.0 popup not displaying images

1) Script Title: Image w/ description tooltip 2.0

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...agetooltip.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hello, I am creating a website for my department's ragbrai team. Apart of that website is the route map along the way I wanted to have images of certain locations. To test this scrip out I applied the only tooltip now to the "Western Skies Byway" in green on the map. Located here:
    http://www.uiowa.edu/~osa/RAGBRAI/Te.../routemap.html

According to my .js file it displays the css and description i added, however it does not display the image, even though it is in the correct path. I have tried everything from moving the image to the folder of the .html file and just having the image name with no path. But still havn't got it to display.

If anyone would be so kind to help I would appreciate it more than I can express in words!

Anyways I really do thank anyone for there time spending on this question.

Thanks!
    Rob
    Last edited by rbflagg; 03-31-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks

Hi!
    From a newbie...

Try first to save the .js file on the same directory as the web page. Perhaps is a problem related to relative path (images/byways/westernskiessm.jpg or ../images/byways/westernskiessm.jpg) relative to who (web page or js file). I will try the same relative path for both and then fix the "error".

Good luck!

Luys

P.S: I have no success at all trying to find the absolute url of the image, but I always receive a 404 server error. Are you sure of her existence? A typographic mistake?
    Last edited by Luys; 03-31-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks

Luys,

I didn't even think to move both files to the same dir as the .html page. When I get back to work I will try this and let you know how this fairs.

Thanks for your time!
    Rob

Thanks

I checked the all of the routing and typography for this image and the tooltip and updated it to make sure that is all clean.

And I still have nothing, I unfortunately cannot get this to work.

I have moved the ddimgtooltip.js & ddimgtooltip.css into the same folder the routemap.html is located. As well, the westernskies.jpg is in that folder as well.

Any other tries?

Thanks

Hi!
    Well now I have a "real" image (not the same name ;-)).
    It is also a little mistery to me. My advice is the following:

Download again the actual .js file from DynamicDrive site, i.e., the last.

Put the 4 files (.jpg, .html, .js, and .css) together, in the same directory (I think is necessary only .html and .js).

Try to setup the .js new file but in this case don't touch the header at all AND delete de 3 carriage return after the tooltips[0]. Left only a white line.
    It is a good idea compare versions with a tool like the file compare of Total Commander, for example.

I would try finally to add a width element instead like in tooltip[1]. Your image is larger than text (350 px !!!).

Good luck again!

Luys

P.S.: Right now my browser no download at all the image in the cache. This is a malfunction information.
    Last edited by Luys; 04-01-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Thanks

Default The solution...

Hi again!

I think that finally this is the problem:

Don't insert NOTHING after the line code "NO NEED TO EDIT BEYOND HERE": there is "assets/" of your own that has to be DELETED.

That's all folk! :-)

Luys