Thread: Swiss Army Slideshow External Links

Thanks

Default Swiss Army Slideshow External Links

Swiss Army Slideshow

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...army/index.htm

Just wondering what the most elegant method would be for creating external image links that jump to specific images.

Been working on it for a while now and can't seem to come up with anything practical.

Thanks,
    V

Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 3,201 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's been a long time since I worked on this aspect of this script. But is this anything like what you have in mind:

http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/s..._ext_thumb.htm
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

vane (03-23-2011)

Thanks

Amazing.

Thank you very much jscheuer1, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Great, I did that some time ago. I believe it uses a customized version of Swiss Army as well as some custom on page code.

If you're a decent code slueth, you can get everything you need from that demo page and its resource script.

If not, let me know what you need help with.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Yep, I was able to get everything I needed.

Thanks again, great solution.

Pretty straightforward one, too, after seeing it.

Do you know if Swiss Army supports an onChange type of event for automatic slide changes? I want to have it queue an little title overlay animation when one of the thumbnails is moused over, or when the slideshow automatically changes to that thumbnail's slide.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That sounds like:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

what with the kind of action it has for descriptions sliding in from the bottom, either onmouseover or on slide change. It would most probably be easier to adapt it to use thumbnails (I've done most of the work for that for UFade already and would be happy to share it), than to graft its description animations onto Swiss Army.

Swiss Army has no 'onslide' callback, though one could be written in somewhere I'd like to think. UFade does. So if you don't like what it's descriptions thing can do (it has some options), you could disable it and make your own using its onslide callback.

And there is always (not a DD script):

http://jquery.malsup.com/cycle/

which is very highly configurable as to effects (includes a fade in) and many other things, and has tons of callbacks you can use however you wish. An advantage with it is it uses ordinary markup for the images, so non-javascript users can still see your content.
    - John

Thanks

So this seems to works for swiss army:

Code:
    function onImageChange(img){
    	alert(img);	
    }
    Added that function towards the top, then I called it like this at the bottom of inter_slide.prototype.changeimg :

Code:
    onImageChange(this.nextimgidx+(bool? 1 : 0));
    It seems to work just fine on manual and automatic change, except for the fact that, when changing manually, I get two alerts: One alert before the change which gives me the starting image, and another after the transition which gives me the finishing image...

I'm sure it won't make that much of a difference when queuing animations; so as long as I check the animations' statuses each time it activates; But I'd much rather do without the redundancy; going to keep working...