Thread: Content Scroller II

Thanks

Default Content Scroller II

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/cmarquee2.htm

This script is great, but goes too fast! I have changed the "marqueespeed" to 1, which is supposed to be the slowest, but it isn't slow enough. (see http://www.medmarketplace.com/home_text.asp)

Is there any way to further slow it down? I've tried inserting .1 and .5, but it totally stops the marquee altogether.

Thanks! JM

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You can further decrease the marquee speed by changing the line:

Code:
    setTimeout('lefttime=setInterval("scrollmarquee()",100)', delayb4scroll)
    Notice the 100 instead of the default 30. You can increase this number further.

Thanks

I am trying to give the end user an ability to adjust the speed of the scroller so like the original poster I want to slow down the slowest speed.

As suggested by ddadmin by changing the interval to 100 instead of the 30 definately slows down the script but the scrolling is not as smooth as the original setting of 30. Especially as you increase the speed.

Here is a test page for you to see what I mean: Marquee II speed test

Notice that using the default setting of 30 the scroller always maintains a smooth scroll.

I have tried various settings but none seem to work as well as the setting of 30 does. Is there a different setting that I can set the interval at to slow down the scroll and maintain smooth scrolling?

TIA for any assistance.