Thread: Email Riddler in a form

Thanks

Default Email Riddler in a form

I need some help in getting Email Riddler script to work in a form. Could someone post a complete example of this. On a 1-10 scale of Java knowledge I'm about a 2.

Another thing I don't understand is why is that everytime I 'encrypt' the same address I get a different code??

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Thanks
    Blog Entries

On a 1-10 scale of Java knowledge I'm about a 2.
    As illustrated by the fact that you just confused Java with JavaScript.
    Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread for the proper posting format for asking a question.
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    document.write("<input type=\"whatever\" value=\"" + postemailXXXX + "\">");
    </script>
    ... where XXXX is your four-digit number, which changes each time, in order (presumably) to confuse spambots.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

OK - Thanks.

Here's the url http://www.dynamicdrive.com/emailriddler/

What I am trying to figure out is how to use this in a form. I was able to get it to work fine with a mailto tag. The info on the page at the above url assumes a higher level understanding of Javascript. I could get it to work if I had a complete example of a typical input form that showed where the script goes and what the input tag should look like. For example in the line
    'document.myform.destination.value=postemail3422' does 'myform' refer to the name of the form that I am using which comes form the NAME="myform' in the form tag?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Thanks
    Blog Entries

in the line
    'document.myform.destination.value=postemail3422' does 'myform' refer to the name of the form that I am using which comes form the NAME="myform' in the form tag?
    Yes, it does.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

OK - Thanks again.

How about this? Using your hint of using a 'document.write' approach instead of a document.myform approach I tried the following without any luck.

Any suggestions? (Note - this was a known good working form before)

Thanks, Greg

<FORM ACTION="http://formmail.xxx.com/cgi-bin/formmail.cgi" method="POST">
    <script type="text/javascript">

/***********************************************
    * Encrypt Email script- Please keep notice intact.
    * Tool URL: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/emailriddler/
    * **********************************************/

var emailarray6065= new Array(102,99,45,105,110,102,111,64,102,108,97,109,105,110,99,97,105,109,97,110,46,111,114,103)
    var postemail6065=''
    for (i=0;i<emailarray6065.length;i++)
    postemail6065+=String.fromCharCode(emailarray6065[i])

document.write('<input type="hidden" name="recipient" value="+postemail6065+">')

</script>

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" name="subject" VALUE="Email Address Change">

Thanks

GOT IT TO WORK WITH THIS!!

document.write("<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"recipient\" value=\"" + postemail6065 + "\">");

Thanks for the little assist!!!

Greg

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yes, I was about to mention that
    You could also have done:
    Code:
    document.write('<input type="hidden" name="recipient" value="' + postemail6065 + '">');