Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Simple Controls Gallery v1.3

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unhappy Simple Controls Gallery v1.3

    Script Title:
    Simple Controls Gallery v1.3
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://technisch.co.uk/js/jquery-1.2.6.pack.js"></script>
    
    <style type="text/css">
    
    /*Make sure your page contains a valid doctype at the top*/
    #simplegallery1{ //CSS for Simple Gallery Example 1
    position: relative; /*keep this intact*/
    visibility: hidden; /*keep this intact*/
    border: 0px solid darkred;
    }
    
    #simplegallery1 .gallerydesctext{ //CSS for description DIV of Example 1 (if defined)
    text-align: left;
    padding: 2px 5px;
    }
    
    </style>
    
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://technisch.co.uk/js/simplegallery.js">
    
    /***********************************************
    * Simple Controls Gallery- (c) Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (www.dynamicdrive.com)
    * This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
    * Visit Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for this script and 100s more
    ***********************************************/
    
    </script>
    
    <script type="text/javascript">
    
    var mygallery=new simpleGallery({
    	wrapperid: "simplegallery1", //ID of main gallery container,
    	dimensions: [590, 100], //width/height of gallery in pixels. Should reflect dimensions of the images exactly
    	imagearray: [
    		["http://technisch.co.uk/image/intel.png", "#", "_new", "Intel Processor"],
    		["http://technisch.co.uk/image/100607-gainward.png", "#", "", "Graphic Card"],
    		["      ", "", "", "#", "#"],
    		["", "", "#", "#"]
    	],
    	autoplay: [true, 2500, 5], //[auto_play_boolean, delay_btw_slide_millisec, cycles_before_stopping_int]
    	persist: false, //remember last viewed slide and recall within same session?
    	fadeduration: 800, //transition duration (milliseconds)
    	oninit:function(){ //event that fires when gallery has initialized/ ready to run
    		//Keyword "this": references current gallery instance (ie: try this.navigate("play/pause"))
    	},
    	onslide:function(curslide, i){ //event that fires after each slide is shown
    		//Keyword "this": references current gallery instance
    		//curslide: returns DOM reference to current slide's DIV (ie: try alert(curslide.innerHTML)
    		//i: integer reflecting current image within collection being shown (0=1st image, 1=2nd etc)
    	}
    })
    
    </script>

    Describe problem:
    I have followed the step by step guide and did everything as followed. I then have a blank black box to its width and height. Why is that? The image slide not showing

    You can also visit my website at www.technisch.co.uk and view the source code.

    Please help.

    Thanks
    Last edited by djr33; 01-25-2011 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Please use [code]...[/code] tags

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    845
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 189 Times in 188 Posts

    Default

    when I remove prototype.js and effects.js the simplegallery starts running, so it seems to be a conflict between the scripts. It often happens when you have many different javascript libraries running on the same page.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question Simple Controls Gallery v1.3 Conflict Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by azoomer View Post
    when I remove prototype.js and effects.js the simplegallery starts running, so it seems to be a conflict between the scripts. It often happens when you have many different javascript libraries running on the same page.
    Hello

    Thanks for replying.

    Any how I can solve this problem. I tried to move the files in a new folder, that didn't work too. But when I deleted prototype.js only, it works.

    But I still need prototype.js, how can I stop this conflict between prototype.js and Simple Controls Gallery v1.3?

    Thanks
    Last edited by umarkal; 01-26-2011 at 09:39 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    845
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 189 Times in 188 Posts

    Default

    The problem of solving conflicts between the scrips is beyond my capabilities. I don't know what you are using prototype for, but if you could find a jquery script with the same functionality, maybe that could be a solution.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azoomer View Post
    The problem of solving conflicts between the scrips is beyond my capabilities. I don't know what you are using prototype for, but if you could find a jquery script with the same functionality, maybe that could be a solution.
    Hello

    I need prototype because for my lightbox to work. With prototypem lightbox will stop working

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    845
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 189 Times in 188 Posts

    Default

    http://fancybox.net/ can do much the same as lightbox, but with jquery, but it all depends on how much trouble you are willing to go through to get it working.
    Maybe some javascript wizard here on the forum knows an easier fix.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azoomer View Post
    http://fancybox.net/ can do much the same as lightbox, but with jquery, but it all depends on how much trouble you are willing to go through to get it working.
    Maybe some javascript wizard here on the forum knows an easier fix.
    Hello

    May I ask you a quick question.

    What is prototype.js anyway?
    Does it only make it to work with lightbox?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    845
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 189 Times in 188 Posts

    Default

    That's a good question ( as we say when we can't answer it). I'll have to leave it for somebody else to answer. But you can take a look at this link for a start.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to azoomer For This Useful Post:

    umarkal (01-28-2011)

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azoomer View Post
    That's a good question ( as we say when we can't answer it). I'll have to leave it for somebody else to answer. But you can take a look at this link for a start.
    Thanks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •