Advanced Search

Thread: Featured Content Glider with external link

Thanks

Default Featured Content Glider with external link

1) Script Title: Featured Content Glider

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tentglider.htm

3) Describe problem:
    Hi everyone,
    I would like to know whether I can use featuredcontentglider.js like this:

Code:
    <script src='http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentglider.js' type='text/javascript'/>
    by without uploading it to the web directory. Because right now i'm using blogspot, so it doesn't allow to upload any file except images. I have been trying to figure out for a while,but i still have no idea.>,<" so stressful! Can anybody please help me to safe my life. It's urgent. Thank so so so much!!~~~
    Last edited by mimilovely; 01-21-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks

For permission to use the file on this server, you will need to ask ddadmin. Generally, that is not allowed because it uses the resources of this website for your site, but you could ask for an exception.

However, I don't think an exception is completely necessary here because you could create another website at a different host and use the script from that host on blogspot. In other words, create a new website (not on blogspot) and then use the script from that website on blogspot. Some hosts are even free. Be aware that often they don't like it when you use their free services for "file hosting" and that is basically what this would be, but at the same time you could make your own personal site if you want. Or you could pay a small fee per month and be able to host anything you'd like.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

3. The Following User Says Thank You to djr33 For This Useful Post:

mimilovely (01-21-2011)

Thanks

Thank you so much djr33 ! That's why couldn't load it on blogger! all i see is a css frame. I will try find a place for hosting it as you have suggested. I feel relief now! hehe!
    Thank so much, thank so much !
    Last edited by mimilovely; 01-21-2011 at 01:27 PM.