Advanced Search

Thread: Secret code / hidden message / obfuscated code - ???

Thanks

Default Secret code / hidden message / obfuscated code - ???

Hi all.

I hope someone can advise whether such a script exists for what am wanting to do. From time to time, I need to send password information or login details and password information to some users.

At the moment, am doing it via email with a subject named FYI and the body of the email basically just contain the login and the password or in some case, just the password.

What am wanting to know is whether I can put these information into a HTML file which contains an obfuscated Javascript with a button that a user will click that will prompt for his login information and then will display the password.

In its simplest form, I guess I am looking for a Javascript that will obfuscate a HTML file that contains the password. Anyway, hopefully someone understand what am looking for.

I found some website that offers such service as obfuscating a HTML file but am hoping it can be done via a Javascript so it is at least "portable" and I do not have to be online.

Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Yeah it could be done but it is not advisible because obfuscating html using javascript
    really isn't that safe, what I mean to say is yes in its obfuscated form the code is unreadable but it is very easily decoded, so it isn't really a safe way of doing things!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oziam View Post
    Yeah it could be done but it is not advisible because obfuscating html using javascript
    really isn't that safe, what I mean to say is yes in its obfuscated form the code is unreadable but it is very easily decoded, so it isn't really a safe way of doing things!
    Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Am not so much worried about people wanting to try and decode it on their spare time if it pleases them So long as it is obfuscated in some way should be enough for the time being.

Am not showing information on what the login/password or password is used for so it is not going to be usable to anyone who wants to decode it unless he/she knows what is it for.

Do you know any Javascript example that does obfuscation or any site with such example?