Thread: database driven horizontal image/text scroller

Thanks

Default database driven horizontal image/text scroller

Hi DD Members,

I am working on a site that has a challenging task (challenging for me at least):

My task is to create a web page that has a database driven horizontal image/text scroller with product images and descriptions. There will be left and right arrows to navigate through the scroller, ideally I would want the products to loop infinitely. It will display 4 or 5 products on the page at one time (roughly 200 pixels x 300 pixels per product). Whenever a user clicks on a left or right navigation arrow it should move to the left or right by one product at a time.

From browsing the web it seems that creating something in flash would be a good option, though I would prefer to do something in PHP , javascript but not sure what is the most efficient way. The navagation through the products does not require animation and the databse will be MySQL.

I am not sure what the best course of action is, i think there are multiple ways to solve this problem and am struggling to find the most efficient way.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

Thanks

hi andrew,

from what you posted, do you want scrollbars?...or just the arrows that indicates left and right?...it is possible to do it in flash but that would add up larger file size since it's animation... doing it in javascript is possible also....just loop and trap the tables.. here, try this...

http://livepipe.net/control/scrollbar

Thanks

Default Needs to be horizontal, with no scroll bar

Thank you for your reply,

The control.scrollbar unfortunately is not what I need. I need to have naviagtion buttons for navigating left and right and it needs to be horizontal, thanks any way.

Thanks

oh..i see...have you tries these then?..

http://www.cssnewbie.com/intelligent-navigation/

Thanks

Thanks for you help Cindylou but I am not looking for a menu, I am looking for a horizontal scroller that displays images from a database.