Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From that changes all text colour on site.

Thanks

Arrow From that changes all text colour on site.

Hi im currently working on a project and would like to have a drop down form that would have a list of colours within it. When the user clicks on a colour it would then change all the text on that page to the selected colour.

The form would be situated at the top of every page of my site letting the user customise the colour as they need.

The website im working on if for Dyslexic users so changing text colour is very important. I have already used a similar idea to change the background colour but i can't seem to carry this across for text colour.

Any help would be extremely helpfull

Thanks, spam.

Thanks

it depends on the software you're using to create it and the language you're using...i mean programming language...for example when using ASP on Macromedia Dreamweaver or PHP perhaps, there are tutorials available on the net and easy to find... videos are availble too...i won't be able to give you links on tutorials since you haven't specified tha language you're using....

Thanks

Hi thanks for your reply.

I'm currently using Dreamwaver 8. Im only really using HTML, this is what i was wondering if it is possible to do with just html.

I have used some ASP on Dreamweaver before so i could probably use that but i would prefer if there was a solution to use HTML soley.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi thanks for the links Cindylou, but they don't really have what im looking for.

Basically i want to use the forms within dreamweaver to change all the colour of the text on that specfic page.

My problem isn't creating the form or in this case drop down menu. its the specifics of the code to change the colour of the text.

Thanks again Spam.

Thanks

spam,

changing the color, right?.. you mean like this one?

<FONT SIZE="5" COLOR="FF0000">

that includes the size though...

Thanks

Hi ill show you my code that i'm using to change the color of my background on my site.

HTML Code:
    onmouseclick="document.bgColor='ffffcc'" onMouseOver="document.bgColor='ffffcc'"><
    basically i want to have an option on my site like this but instead of the user changing the background color i want them to be able to change the color of the text.

it's probably easier if i show you how it works on my site. http://thedyslexicgamer.co.uk/ when you hover over the colours it will change the background colour, so i want to have a similar system but to change the text colour aswell.

Thanks

is the event still on onmouseclick or not?..

have you tried this one?

document.font color = ' ffffcc '

Thanks

If you change it document.font color = ' ffffcc ' it doesnt work.

this is why i wanted to try and find out if there is some html code that can be used and connect somehow to a form button or drop down menu.

There is probably a real easy way of doing it but there is almost nothing about this online.

Thanks

Here is a good example of what im looking for

http://www.dyslexiaaction.org.uk/Pag...c=ColourPicker

I want this type of system, but only for font colour and i will use it on the top of everypage.