Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for horror movies about the dark

Thanks

Default looking for horror movies about the dark

Hi,

I am trying to remember some movies that I watched a while ago. In particular I am looking for any movies that you can think of that deal with the theme of darkness and horror. For example:

Darkness Falls
    Boogeyman

both qualify. I suspect Dark City, and Pitch Black falls into that category as well, but I am hesitant to mention them as they do not seem quite like horror. I would love to hear any titles you can think of either domestic or foreign.
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hoards of alien creatures hell bent on devouring all life in their path isn't horror? Oh, and they only come out at night. That's not so bad. But now it's night all the time. Almost like a Sunday picnic.

I guess Pitch Black isn't horror. What do you need? A ghost? Let's throw in Casper for the remake.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

hehe, well, maybe it is horror . imdb says that it is Action | Sci-Fi | Thriller, but not horror. I would say that is pretty accurate. More like intense sci-fi.

Sooo, did you like Pitch Black? I really enjoyed it and the sequels as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

IDK, seriously - what does it need to be horror? A chainsaw? It certainly has some horrifying moments.

Anyways, what sequels? Chronicles of Riddick is the only one I'm aware of, though there is/was talk of two more of those from Vin himself. The first didn't do too well. I loved it. I don't usually watch anything first run and don't keep up with new releases, so its possible something came out and I missed it.

Both movies have character development, and taken together form quite a story arc. I like that. But witness the recent smash hit, Avatar. I guess character development and plot don't sell.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I really did not like Avatar. I'll leave it at that. The only other sequal to the Pitch Black is the animated one.

The movie I am trying to find is a horror movie where darkness is the mode of transport for the antagonist.

In this movie there are 5 or so people in their 20's who are disappearing. They are beginning to remember the time some years ago when they vanished and had tracking devices implanted in their skulls. The creatures that are hunting them flee from any light, but can use darkness or shadows to travel from their world to ours. They can also manipulate electronics to make it dark, such as turning off headlights or other lights nearby. It is unclear whether the protagonist is imagining all of this or whether the fear is real.

The movie was made in mid to later part of the last decade. I am guessing around 2007. I am unsure if this was a theatrical release or direct to video. I did enjoy the special effects that were used though.

Thanks

Not what you're looking for, but lots of vampire films relate to this, especially 30 Days of Night and that type.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Yep, that certainly qualifies. While it is not quite the movie I am looking for I am also interested in others that fall into this category.

Thanks

Most movies about Vampires are related more or less to " the dark" cuz vampires don't like the light. How about "The Descent"? All the time in the deep cave without the sunlight.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks
    Blog Entries