Thread: JavaScript that saves HTML form to XML

Thanks

Default JavaScript that saves HTML form to XML

Hi,
    I need a JavaScript code that saves HTML form's data and fields in a XML file for further processing in server.

Cheers

Thanks

Javascript cannot save files on the server. You can use AJAX to make a serverside language do this, but there's no real advantage if you're submitting a form anyway. Look into a serverside language like PHP or ASP.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djr33 View Post
    Javascript cannot save files on the server. You can use AJAX to make a serverside language do this, but there's no real advantage if you're submitting a form anyway. Look into a serverside language like PHP or ASP.
    I wish to process that XML via a server side language so there is no problem with that. But I need a JavaScript or Ajax code by which I produce that XML file when user fills in the HTML form and presses submit button. Thanks for reply.
    Last edited by usyd; 12-27-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks

It can produce XML formatted text, but it will not produce a file. Is that what you want?
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djr33 View Post
    It can produce XML formatted text, but it will not produce a file. Is that what you want?
    Hi,
    Actually I was wrong and now got the point so for my purpose I can't use JavaScript at all. Thanks for your help.