Thread: Ultimate Fade-in Slideshow - change background colour

Thanks

Default Ultimate Fade-in Slideshow - change background colour

1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade - in slideshow (2.4)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: Hello,..... Can anyone please tell me how to change the background colour from black to white? When a small image is shown the black square stands out too much on the page.....many thanks.

Thanks

Default Ultimate Fade-in Slideshow - take image out of center

1) Script Title: Unltimate Fade-in slideshow (2.4)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: Hello,..... Can anyone please tell me how to make a smaller image appear on the side rather than in the centre? I want to crop a pic into three bits and have each show consecutively.....many thanks.

Thanks

I have merged your two questions. Please try to post efficiently, since these two questions are closely related.

Linking to your page will help also, unless you have no idea where to start-- if that's the case, hopefully someone will give you some general advice.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 Times in 3,157 Posts
    Blog Entries

For the first one, assuming your wrapperid is fadeshow1, put this in the head of the page or put its rule in an existing stylesheet:

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    #fadeshow1, #fadeshow1 .gallerylayer {
    	background-color: #fff !important;
    }
    </style>
    If you have a different wrapperid, use that instead of fadeshow1 in the above. For showing on the side - Which side? I'm assuming a side within the viewing area of the slideshow. For the left side, use this rule:

Code:
    #fadeshow1 .gallerylayer img {
    	margin-left: 0 !important;
    }
    For on the right, use the same rule above and add this one:

Code:
    #fadeshow1 .gallerylayer {
    	text-align: right;
    }
    Same thing as to the wrapperid. If yours is different, use it in place of fadeshow1 in these rules.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

The colour change worked well, thanks for that John.

The second one though, I didn't explain myself well enough. It's not all the smaller ones on one side that I want, I want to locate individual pics on either side depending on the pic.

What I want to do is slice an image vertically into three, then show the first piece on the left, the second piece in the middle, and the third piece on the right, one after the other.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 Times in 3,157 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure if there's any reasonable way to script that. You could just make three images and place extra space matching the background color on some of them in the image editor so that they line up the way you want them to.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

yeah that'll work.... thanks John.