Thread: accordion menu persiststate problem

Thanks

Default accordion menu persiststate problem

1) Script Title: Bullet Accordion Menu
    2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...enu-bullet.htm
    3) Describe problem:
    site url: http://www.college4sale.com

The accordion menu on the left. I'll walk through an example of how it should work and how it does work....
    1. go to site url
    2. header 0 is expanded by default..(this works fine)
    3. select a header>select list item (ex. LIU>Home)
    4. page loads
    5. select a different header>select list item(ex. Marist College>Home)
    6. page loads

this is where I have a problem in IE8 SOMETIMES!
    but in latest safari & firefox (as of 12/3/10) it always works correctly...

so IF there is a problem... so we're at step 6 and instead of expanding the header from step 5, the original header from step 3 is expanded and in fact the header from step 3 always re-expands itself no matter what list item I select from any header

Obviously the persiststate works but in IE8, it's only expanding the very first header I've selected instead of the last header selected. Almost as if the cookies aren't being refreshed for each time a new header is expanded and a list item selected.

P.S. sometimes it works correctly in IE8 and sometimes it doesn't (same versions), but ALWAYS IE8 (haven't tried older versions)

How come this is happening?
    If you could even take a look and offer some suggestions I'd appreciate it a lot!! Thank you!!
    Last edited by college4sale; 12-03-2010 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hmm after a few times opening/closing IE8 to view your page multiple times, I was finally able to see the issue as well. I don't see why it's behaving this way yet though- everything looks to be in order on your page. If I find the culprit, I'll post an update.
    DD Admin

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ddadmin For This Useful Post:

college4sale (12-04-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lets just try some things to see which one hits the mark. First thing to try is to upgrade jQuery to the latest version. Currently you have:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
    Change that to:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.4/jquery.min.js"></script>
    Any difference in IE?
    DD Admin

Thanks

Hi, first of all I really appreciate you taking the time to look into my page and problem..

I just updated the latest version of jQuery as you suggested. Unfortunately I am on a mac right now and can't check for myself in IE. Although now you or any one else can take a look and try it.

I know I mentioned this but sometimes the menu works properly and then sometimes it reverts back to working incorrectly, as described. If it does appear to be working I would suggest perhaps clearing cache and trying a few times.

Thanks again!! I'll try myself as soon as I can use IE.

Thanks

UPDATE: So I am still having issues in IE8 even after updating the jQuery version...

Although I've found a little loop hole that may help shed light on what the problem is...

I am currently on a version of IE8 on which the persiststate is not working correctly, ALTHOUGH when I view my website(same computer) in InPrivate Browsing mode, the persiststate DOES work correctly!!

So what exactly does InPrivate mode do? and how come the accordion menu persiststate works correctly in this mode but not in normal mode??

Any ideas?? Thanks!