Thread: Log Hound Javascript Logger

Thanks

Cool Log Hound Javascript Logger

1) CODE TITLE: Log Hound JavaScript Logger

2) AUTHOR NAME/NOTES: John O'Grady, Facets Technologies, Inc.

3) DESCRIPTION:
    A JavaScript logger that displays messages from logging statements within javascript code. Log Hound has a public API, is easy to set up and use, and is under an open source license. This is not a test, this is a serious project that aims to take the best of all worlds and create the most useful logger there is.

4) URL TO CODE:
    Main project site:
    http://code.google.com/p/facets-loghound/

Current beta demo:
    http://facets-loghound.googlecode.co.../loghound.html

Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 Times in 3,157 Posts
    Blog Entries

The demo doesn't appear to do anything. I tried in Opera and Firefox. What do I need to do to make it do something?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Default Demo stuff

Upper right-hand corner should be the logger in shade-mode. Click on the down arrow to open the UI. Then just start clicking on controls. Every control has a mouse over title, and the question mark opens a help area that will give you detailed information about any control you mouse over.

I guess I'll add that into the demo page. It's one of those things where you've worked with it so long that you don't question that it might not be obvious to new people that you have to open the UI. You live and learn...

Thanks

Talking Beta 2 is officially out!

I cut version 2.0.0 beta 2 tonight. The API is solid now, though I might have made the demonstration page even uglier. We're still looking for some CSS guru to help us with making the UI not suck.

Check out the 2.0.0 beta 2 demo page or download the zip file from the link on the project page.

Suggestions, criticisms, and screams of horror are always welcome.

Thanks

Cool Version 2.0 is out!

Version 2.0 is done

Project home

Demo page

API Docs

Any CSS gurus want to help with the "look and feel"? Currently it's more like "cringe and spew"...